Chip & the Charge Ups 3QS006
Three questions for Chip & The Charge Ups – Episode 006
- If you could change one thing in the Pittsburgh scene, what would it be?
- How was the band’s stage attire chosen?
- What is it like to play in a band with your daughter? Do you ever find yourself battling between band member and dad? – asked by Jana of First Angel Media
The Song: Sunshine, Take Me Away
“Sunshine, Take Me Away” by Chip & The Charge Ups
This song was inspired by the seemingly never-ending winters in Pittsburgh. Once we get into March, it seems us “yinzers” are dying to see what we haven’t seen in months: the sun! We are just tired of winter!
But, being creative, we made the song metaphorical by describing a long-distance relationship where reunions are like seeing the sun after a long winter.
Unlike the other songs on the album, this song was co-written and produced by Sean McDonald. Sean is known for his work with Frontiers Records artist Gene The Werewolf and The Clarks.
About Chip & The Charge Ups
Band Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Band Genre: Power Pop
Chip & The Charge Ups arrived like a bolt of lightning in Spring 2018!
Pittsburgh’s Chip & The Charge Ups quickly created an electrifying buzz by performing its first shows at some of
the East Coast’s fastest-growing music festivals. Cultivating a modern power pop sound that blends leading-edge
alternative rock with old-school punk, the band captivated audiences with its energetic live performances and catchy
Chip & The Charge Ups’ debut single, “The Ol’ Two Niner,” is a staple on WDVE, an iconic radio station in
Pittsburgh. The station uses the song as intro music for legendary Pittsburgh Penguins player and current radio
announcer, Phil Bourque, when he makes his weekly morning show appearances. The band released their debut album,
“Flow of the Current, Part I (+)” in September 2018 to rave reviews from the press and radio, such as:
- “Full of hooks and youthfully heartfelt lyrics” – Pittsburgh Current
- “A stellar release” – Empire Extreme
- “It’s no wonder Pittsburgh is shaking! Great music and tons of rock fun!” – BANGS Music & Entertainment
- “A band who knows music is meant to evoke a good time” – Rock All Photography Music Magazine
- “Definitely badass!” – The Pipeman, iHeart Radio
- Emboldened by the success of their debut release, Chip & The Charge Ups are set to release their sophomore
effort, “Flow of the Current, Part II (-)”, on April 5, 2019.
Find Chip & The Charge Ups Online
Purchase Chip & The Charge Ups